858-755-5666 ext. 7156
- University of San Diego, J.D., 1984
- University of Minnesota, B.A. in Psychology, 1982
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Mr. Schneider joined Daley and Heft in 1984, right out of law school, and has been with the firm ever since. A partner since 1985, Rick has defended 376 cases filed in all four U.S. District Courts in California and 27 of California’s 58 counties. These cases have ranged from breach of contract to police practices, and just about every other type of civil claim in between. 42 of these cases have proceeded to trial, in 9 of these jurisdictions, involving 13 different types of civil claims. 36 of these trials resulted in verdicts in favor of his clients.
Rick is also frequently called upon by excess carriers who are concerned that the underlying defense may not be sufficient to resolve the matter within the underlying layer’s limits. Sometimes he is asked to take over the defense on the eve of trial, sometimes to associate with the insured’s counsel and sometimes to act as the excess carriers’ negotiator.