Tort Litigation | Public Entities | Real Estate | Eminent Domain | Appellate | Construction
858-755-5666 ext. 7222
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- Loyola University, B.A., 1984
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Hawaii State Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Member, North County Bar Association
- Member, International Right of Way Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- School Board Member 2006-2016, Board President 2012-2016, Stella Maris Academy, La Jolla
- Board of Directors, Rest Haven Children’s Health Fund, San Diego
- Selected “Top Lawyer” for Civil Litigation (San Diego Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
Scott Noya practices in the fields of real estate, class action, tort litigation, public agency law, eminent domain, appellate, public contracts, and construction claims.
Mr. Noya has over 25 years of litigation and trial experience covering a wide range of complex matters in federal, state and appellate courts in California and Hawaii. Mr. Noya has achieved the highest available rating for his litigation skills from the nationally recognized peer review organization, Martindale-Hubbell.
As a senior litigator, Mr. Noya has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict in quiet title and boundary disputes, government tort liability, eminent domain, inverse condemnation, construction and premises liability actions. Mr. Noya advises private, public and non-profit organizations throughout California.
Mr. Noya’s real estate practice includes representing clients in property acquisition and development projects, public contracting, construction law claims, broker liability, due diligence investigations, HOA matters, lease negotiations and commercial transactions. Mr. Noya is also active in class action litigation, appellate matters, insurance defense, products liability, employment practices, wrongful termination, and wage/hour claims.
Mr. Noya’s expertise includes representing the City of San Diego in land acquisition for the downtown San Diego Ballpark Redevelopment Project, a major redevelopment effort that brought Petco Park to San Diego’s East Village.