858-755-5666 ext. 7168
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Irvine, B.A.
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Iowa
- All U.S. District Courts of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating (Martindale Hubbell)
- Selected to Super Lawyers® for Civil Litigation (Thompson Reuters)
- Selected “Top Lawyer” for Civil Litigation (San Diego Magazine)
- Selected “Top Rated Lawyer” (American Attorney Magazine)
- AVVO© 10.0 “Superb” Rating
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Former Chair, San Diego County Bar Association Military Law Section
- Member, San Diego Military Advisory Council
- Member, Veterans Bar Association.
Samuel C. Gazzo has more than 20 years of trial experience in State and Federal Courts practicing all phases of business and tort litigation across a broad range of specialty areas including personal injury, premises liability, construction, real estate, employment, professional malpractice, civil rights, complex commercial claims, products liability, insurance bad faith, intellectual property, trade secrets and unfair competition, and, director and business disputes. Mr. Gazzo has also developed a specialty practice protecting the interests of developers, general contractors, and subcontractors.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gazzo was an active duty Officer in the United States Marine Corps. As a member of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, Mr. Gazzo deployed as an Intelligence Officer for multiple consecutive combat deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Mr. Gazzo has since successfully served in positions of increasing leadership for over 730 Marines and principal staff positions for over 4,100 Marines.
Leveraging his extensive litigation background with his unique organizational and leadership experience, Mr. Gazzo is often sought as outside General Counsel. He frequently advises corporate entities and new ventures regarding strategic business development, risk mitigation, litigation supervision and cost management, compliance matters, internal polices and best practices, and to conduct sensitive internal investigations.