858-755-5666 ext. 7121
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- San Diego State University, B.A., High Honors
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Federal District
- U.S. Federal Court for the Ninth Circuit
- Selected to San Diego Super Lawyer®
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Selected Top Lawyer” for Civil Litigation (San Diego Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017)
- Past Director, North San Diego County Bar
- Past Director, Southern California Defense Counsel
- Past Director, San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Past Judge Pro Tem, San Diego County Superior Court
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, North San Diego County Association
Robert R. Heft is a founder and managing partner of Daley & Heft. With a vast amount of trial experience, Mr. Heft has extensive expertise in handling a wide variety of civil matters including commercial claims, complex personal injury claims, employment claims, professional malpractice, product liability suits, major business torts and hospitality claims. In addition to representing public entities, common carriers and corporations, Mr. Heft has developed a specialty practice in defending hotels, wineries and growers, pharmacists, and major retailers throughout California. He is also active in the areas of Employment and Intellectual property law.
Mr. Heft has authored and published articles in the field of product liability and has lectured before numerous public entity business and insurance organizations. Additionally, he has contributed to the Justice Research Associates lecture series on Risk Management for Self-Insured Public Entities.
Mr. Heft has served as an Instructor for the San Diego Inns of Court Trial Tactics Seminar, as a Judge Pro Tem for the San Diego County Superior Court, and as an Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. He is a past Director and Officer of the San Diego Defense Lawyers, and a continuing member of the Southern California Defense Counsel.
Born and raised in San Diego, Mr. Heft attended San Diego State University where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree with high honors. He received his J.D. cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law prior to being admitted to the practice law in California in 1977.