- University of San Diego, J.D., 1999
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 1995
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Vice-Chairman, University of San Diego Appellate Moot Court Board
- Recipient of several University of San Diego Awards for Excellence
Matthew E. Bennett practices general civil litigation in the fields of agricultural claims, commercial liability, personal injury, construction defect, insurance defense, warehousing, auto/transportation litigation, advertising disputes, and real estate conflicts. He further specializes in defense of catastrophic injury claims. Mr. Bennett has represented numerous nationally known business entities, as well as small businesses, private individuals and public entities through all phases of litigation.
Mr. Bennett has substantial jury trial experience, successfully trying cases throughout Southern California for several Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Bennett received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Law and Society, with a minor in History, from the University of California at Santa Barbara. He then attended the University of San Diego School of Law, where he served as the Vice-Chairman of the Appellate Moot Court Board, a nationally recognized appellate advocacy team. He was honored with the University San Diego Awards for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy and Moot Court.